Under general supervision, a Distribution Technician is responsible for mass distribution of new programs to our entire customer base at regular intervals. This position also assists Development personnel, when necessary, to release individual programs and helps develop, test, and document transmission tools as needed.
Computers Unlimited creates innovative software for 3 distinct markets: Industrial Gas & Welding Supply, Home & Durable (HME|DME) Suppliers, and Audiology & Speech Language Pathologists (SLP).
So why should you join the team responsible for supporting the users of TIMS Software?
You want to grow your skills and also thrive. When you are thriving, we know that will resonate through the support you provide to our customers. They in turn will provide excellent service to their customers.
You want to be supported in a family-oriented atmosphere. In the company's 40 years, we've learned a thing or two about how to treat people. And that's really step #1: treat people like people. We want to help you align your personal goals with the company's goals so we all win in the end.
You want to be heard. You are a unique individual with ideas, vision and enthusiasm. We will consider ourselves honored to hear what you have to say from Day 1 to Day 12,775 and beyond. (Did you do the math? That's 35 years and, yes, that's how long a few of our employees have worked here.)
You have a passion for the future. Just look at what technology has accomplished in the past few years. What will this company achieve with you on board reaching goals, thriving and sharing your passion? We don't know for sure, but we're excited to find out.
- Education—Attending College or 4 Year Degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Experience—Customer relations and competent computer skills. Knowledge of Windows operating systems preferred. Knowledge of Unix and VAX/VMS systems a plus
- Manage and respond to all TIMS customer requests for program updates.
- Use internal tools to determine what programs to send to customers and transmit them.
- Work with customer and other CU personnel to update customer database and keep customers on regular cycle.
- Keep customer versions database current for all updates including new hardware & software upgrades.
- Assist Development personnel to release individual programs when necessary.
- Research any irregularities in customer transmissions.
- Test programs once transmitted.
- Test programs on newly installed machines before shipment when required.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Skills Necessary For Optimal Job Performance:
- Organization, attention to detail, and accuracy and thoroughness.
- Problem solving skills including creative thought and action in finding solutions.
- Ability to learn operating system commands quickly and retain them.
- Willingness to update customers on a flexible schedule including early morning, late evening, and weekends.
- Ability to monitor own performance and work with minimal supervision.
Interested? Ask for a full job description or apply by emailing your résumé, cover letter and reference documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.This position was posted on September 12th, 2019 in Billings, Montana.