A Product Owner is a key stakeholder in a given project. They are responsible for having a vision of the software and conveying that vision to the team. The product owner is responsible for maintaining a prioritized backlog of features for the project.
Computers Unlimited creates innovative software for 3 distinct markets: Industrial Gas & Welding Supply Distributors, Home & Durable Medical Equipment (HME|DME) Providers, and Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (SLP) Practices.
So, why would you join the team responsible for supporting the users of TIMS Software?
You want to grow your skills and also thrive. When you are thriving, we know that will resonate through the support you provide to our customers. They in turn will provide excellent service to their customers.
You want to be supported in a family-oriented atmosphere. In the company's 40 years, we've learned a thing or two about how to treat people. And that's really step #1: treat people like people. We want to help you align your personal goals with the company's goals so we all win in the end.
You want to be heard. You are a unique individual with ideas, vision and enthusiasm. We will consider ourselves honored to hear what you have to say from Day 1 to Day 12,775 and beyond. (Did you do the math? That's 35 years and, yes, that's how long a few of our employees have worked here.)
You have a passion for the future. Just look at what technology has accomplished in the past few years. What will this company achieve with you on board reaching goals, thriving and sharing your passion? We don't know for sure, but we're excited to find out.
- Education—Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science, or the equivalent in business or software related work experience.
- Experience—Experience with business software and working in an Agile or Scrum environment. Knowledge of business practices in medical-related industries is a plus.
- Oversee and review the progress of the project from inception through roll-out and release.
- meet with internal and external stakeholders to understand the business needs
- create and write user stories for the project
- present the progress of the project periodically to internal stakeholders
- demonstrate new features to external stakeholders
- Maintain and communicate the vision of the project to the development team:
- develop and maintain a product backlog with priority ranking
- work a scrum master, programmers and testers through development of the product
Necessary Skills for Optimal Job Performance:
- Working knowledge of business software development, and business practices in relevant industries.
- Ability to prioritize and organize projects so deadlines are met, work is completed within budget, and work time is productive.
- Ability to develop a long-term vision, and be able to adapt and change that vision to meet changes in requirements based on feedback.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and effective technical and non-technical communication skills.
- Express the desire and interest in keeping up with changes in the TIMS Software, related industries and changes to business direction.
- Cooperate with a team of co-workers and management in a professional manner.
Interested? Email your résumé, cover letter and reference documents to Jobs@CU.net A full job description will be provided as part of the interview process.