Computers Unlimited creates innovative software for 3 distinct markets: Industrial Gas & Welding Supply Distributors, Home Medical Equipment Providers, and Audiology & Speech/Language Practices.
The person who fills this job role will focus primarily on Accounting functions for the company. Duties will include general journal entries, preparing month end statements, administer the commission program, file payroll, administer fixed asset accounting, and assist with monitoring and executing sales tax compliance. This role is not in support of our software or customers. You will report directly to the Manager of Accounting/Administration for Computers Unlimited. Members of this team, headquartered in Billings, MT.
So why should you join Computers Unlimited?
You want to be supported in a family-oriented atmosphere. In the company's near 40 years, we've learned a thing or two about how to treat people. And that's really step #1: treat people like people. We want to help you align your personal goals with the company's goals so we all win in the end.
You want to be heard. You are a unique individual with ideas, vision and enthusiasm. We will consider ourselves honored to hear what you have to say from Day 1 to Day 12,775 and beyond. (Did you do the math? That's 35 years and, yes, that's how long a few of our employees have worked here.)
You have a passion for the future. Just look at what technology has accomplished in the past few years. What will this company achieve with you on board reaching goals, thriving and sharing your passion? We don't know for sure, but we're excited to find out.
What will we expect of the person who will fill this position?
We are looking for career-minded individuals with exceptional customer service, critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills. Successful candidates will have a high level of professionalism and be able to function appropriately and productively at all times.
- Prepare and process all general journal entries, general ledger interfaces, and prepare all month end reconciliations
- Administer commission program, including maintaining commission spreadsheets, documentation of order information and processing all commission checks.
- File all payroll related documents, prepare payroll deposits and reports, process all payroll including overtime and deductions, and balance all payroll accounts upon remittance to appropriate agency.
- Remain current on all computer accounting system updates and applications, as well as new accounting and regulatory pronouncements.
- Maintain complete and current procedures manual of all accounting and payroll responsibilities, to be used as back-up when necessary.
- Process monthly debt payments and reconciliations, and maintain record of investments and 401(k) accounts.
- Perform accounting functions for other businesses the Schaer family own and manage.
- Review expense reports for accuracy, coding with the correct General Ledger account and completing Accounts Receivable form if expenses are to be billed to the customer. Reconcile various travel related accounts.
- Administer fixed asset accounting for all entities, tracking fixed assets, calculating monthly depreciation and disposing of assets.
- Perform other assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration preferred with emphasis in Accounting, including comprehensive computer classes. Completion of comprehensive spreadsheet courses.
- Minimum of two years office accounting experience. Minimum of one year of payroll experience.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of financial accounting and other job tools, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently in order to handle multiple assignments and increased workloads in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, thorough, and accurate with the ability to exercise good judgment in carrying out responsibilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills while brining a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Being conscientious of accuracy and confidentiality, as it pertains to company financial data and employee and customer information.
- Work and communicate on a professional level with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to be motivated and enthusiastic about learning and accepting added responsibilities
- Adaptable with high stress tolerance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Interested? Request a full job description and apply by emailing your résumé, cover letter and reference documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: August 6th, 2021