Computers Unlimited creates innovative software for 3 distinct markets: Industrial Gas & Welding Supply Distributors, Home Medical Equipment Providers, and Audiology & Speech/Language Practices. We are headquartered in Billings, Montana with a customer base across the US, we have employees in multiple states.
What will we expect of the person who will fill this position?
The person that fills this role will plan, direct, and actively participate in the day-to-day operations of the Accounting/Admin department. This is an exempt position and is located in our Billings, Montana office.
- Manage accounting and admin staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, purchasing, sales tax, accounts payable and building maintenance. Responsible for hiring decisions, training, performance evaluations and overall talent management.
- Oversee the accounting and admin team’s job responsibilities – guiding and managing projects, making assignments, reviewing work, setting/managing goals, training and mentoring.
- Work with the controller and director to establish, implement, document, and monitor internal controls/process/guidelines for the department.
- Communicate with the director on a regular basis particularly regarding any potential challenges or complications relating to vendors or customers (internal & external) as well as opportunities for improvement within the team.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements (example: Sales Tax Regulations).
- Monitor vendor relationships and specific reporting requirements (examples: MSVR, SPLA).
- Supervise rental properties including maintenance and collections.
- Update daily/monthly financial information and data related to customers, employees, vendors and other department/company information. Assist with financial projects as needed.
- Maintain an attitude of improvement – always looking for ways to improve or simplify the departments processes.
- Responsible for system management including testing and implementing software updates and insure team assignments are also completed timely.
- Create and maintain a strong customer service focus & cooperation within the team and within the organization.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven ability to successfully manage teams and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-directed and willing to take a pro-active approach to issues.
- Proficient in accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Five years or more of related experience required. Experience with TIMS software can be substituted.
Sound interesting? Ready to apply?
Send an email to email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. We look forward to learning more about you!
Posted: May 24, 2023