The person who fills this job role will perform human resource functions and serve as company specialist in employee relations area to insure uniform and equitable organization policies and procedures for Computers Unlimited and the subsidiaries. This exempt position is directly responsible to the President of the company.
So why should you join Computers Unlimited?
You want to grow your skills and thrive. When you are thriving, we know that will resonate through the support you provide to our customers. They in turn will provide excellent service to their customers.
You want to be supported in a family-oriented atmosphere. In the company's near 40 years, we've learned a thing or two about how to treat people. And that's really step #1: treat people like people. You are not a commodity. We want to help you align your personal goals with the company's goals so we all win in the end.
You want to be heard. You are a unique individual with ideas, vision and enthusiasm. We will consider ourselves honored to hear what you have to say from Day 1 to Day 12,775 and beyond. (Did you do the math? That's 35 years and, yes, that's how long a few of our employees have worked here.)
You have a passion for the future. Just look at what technology has accomplished in the past few years. What will this company achieve with you on board reaching goals, thriving and sharing your passion? We don't know for sure, but we're excited to find out.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans.
- Responsible for completion of annual 401k audit and 5500 reports.
- Assist in analyzing benefit plans annually. Recommend changes, additions or deletions of vendors or products.
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Responsible for new employee onboarding.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leave and compensation. Resolve any issues that may arise.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics such as turn over/longevity, and assist in development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form, including being responsible for the PTO tracking system
- Ensure compliance with labor rules and regulations.
- Administer performance management and improvement plans.
- Administer wellness program.
- Responsible for all government required reporting such as ACA, EEOC, 5500A and BLS.
- Provide HIPAA training annually.
- Assist with security committee.
- Responsible for employee recognition programs and employee events.
- Responsible for updating employee handbook and employee annual acknowledgement.
- Handle employee grievances according to company policy.
- Remain current on HR laws and regulations.
- Maintain job descriptions.
- Responsible for employee communications through newsletters and emails.
- Complete all verifications of employment, unemployment and workers compensation claims.
- Responsible for termination procedures and compliance. Assist managers with PIPs and terminations.
- Responsible for human resource functions for the Subsidiaries, including payroll and benefits. Assist the managers with recruiting, discipline and terminations.
- Responsible for Subsidiary WC audit annually.
- Assist with our annual users conference as needed.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of company philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Perform all responsibilities with the highest regard for confidentiality, legal ramifications, and concern for the company.
- Exercise good judgment in bringing matters to management's attention.
- Handle multiple assignments and increased workloads in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work independently with minimum supervision/assistance.
- Present a positive and professional image at all times.
- Be able to think quickly and respond appropriately to all human resource matters.
- Display a positive attitude to all employees.
- Represent company management and policies in a positive manner.
- Maintain good working relationships with employees at all levels in all companies.
- Maintain high ethical standards that reflect honesty, integrity, and reliability.
Education: Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Human Resources Certification preferred but not required. Knowledge of employment/labor laws in multiple states. Working knowledge of computer applications such as comprehensive database, MS Office Suite, and QuickBooks.
Experience: Minimum of two years in all general human resource functions or combination of education and experience.
Interested? Email your résumé, cover letter and reference documents to email@example.com. A full job description will be provided as part of the interview process.
- Date Posted: May 13, 2022