A successful candidate for this role will have at least 3 years of experience implementing n-tier enterprise software solutions. This job role will include design, implementation and mentoring of software architecture focusing on scalability and security.
The function of this role is to continue the development of the software system by adding new applications and improving existing features. The person in this role will continue to improve Computers Unlimited internal software systems that allow for departments to be more productive. They will also provide input into software design specifications, analysis, and problem definitions as needed for new application development.
The objective of this role is to offer a service to new and existing customers by providing quality, error-free software in a minimum, cost effective manner. This role will also continue to improve the system by contributing ideas, features, and enhancements
So, why would you join the team responsible for supporting the users of TIMS Software?
You want to grow your skills and also thrive. When you are thriving, we know that will resonate through the support you provide to our customers. They in turn will provide excellent service to their customers.
You want to be supported in a family-oriented atmosphere. In the company's 40 years, we've learned a thing or two about how to treat people. And that's really step #1: treat people like people. We want to help you align your personal goals with the company's goals so we all win in the end.
You want to be heard. You are a unique individual with ideas, vision and enthusiasm. We will consider ourselves honored to hear what you have to say from Day 1 to Day 12,775 and beyond. (Did you do the math? That's 35 years and, yes, that's how long a few of our employees have worked here.)
You have a passion for the future. Just look at what technology has accomplished in the past few years. What will this company achieve with you on board reaching goals, thriving and sharing your passion? We don't know for sure, but we're excited to find out.
- Education—Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Experience—At least 3 years in professional software development and experience with the following:
- C# .NET.
- WCF and client server architectures.
- ORM mappers (Preferably Entity Framework).
working with relational databases (Preferably SQL Server).
- Experience with test driven development and automated testing.
- Write clean, well-engineered code and participate in code reviews.
- Be able to perform analysis and design work for customer special requests and system wide development.
- Work with QA and Documentation employees in new software development, maintenance, and initial documentation ensuring that all modifications are: consistent with system standards, easy to use and understand for customers, and well integrated into the entire system.
- Perform preliminary testing; prepare testing instructions for documentation and debugging of programs. Also, perform unit and system testing.
- Understand customer’s goals, strategies and constraints to enhance the software.
- Assist in resolving escalated customer issues when required.
- Meet deadlines and complete scheduled work within budget and allotted time.
- 24 hour support rotations are required.
- Ability to analyze, understand, and approach projects in a logical and systematic manner so programming is complete, accurate, and interfaces well with the rest of the software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to organize and prioritize projects.
- Have a complete understanding of programming tools
- Understand and use internal tools effectively. Proficiency within existing programming environment.
- Be decisive and capable of working with minimum supervision.
Computers Unlimited creates innovative software, named TIMS Software, for 3 distinct markets: Industrial Gas & Welding Supply Distributors, Home & Durable (HME|DME) Medical Equipment Providers, and Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (SLP) Practices. Computers Unlimited is headquartered in downtown Billings, MT. Candidates must be willing and able to work from our main offices on Montana Avenue.
If you have a passion for software development and a combination of the skills we are seeking, please submit your résumé, a cover letter and reference documents to Jobs@CU.net. Your submission will be shared with our leadership team and matched with a current need in one of our development teams.
*A full job description will be made available upon request.