The person that fills this job role will have the primary function of testing and documenting modifications to TIMS Software, keeping customer facing & internal documentation current and to keep applicable customers informed of changes and fixes. This is an exempt position and is located in our Billings, MT office. The objective is to provide quality, error-free software and detailed documentation.
Computers Unlimited creates innovative software for 3 distinct markets: Industrial Gas & Welding Supply Distributors, Home & Durable Medical Equipment (HME|DME) Providers, and Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (SLP) Practices.
So, why would you join the team responsible for supporting the users of TIMS Software?
You want to grow your skills and also thrive. When you are thriving, we know that will resonate through the support you provide to our customers. They in turn will provide excellent service to their customers.
You want to be heard. You are a unique individual with ideas, vision and enthusiasm. We will consider ourselves honored to hear what you have to say from Day 1 to Day 12,775 and beyond. (Did you do the math? That's 35 years and, yes, that's how long a few of our employees have worked here.)
You have a passion for the future. Just look at what technology has accomplished in the past few years. What will this company achieve with you on board reaching goals, thriving and sharing your passion? We don't know for sure, but we're excited to find out.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems or related field strongly preferred.
- Understand and keep current with TIMS Software and internal systems.
- Review software requirements and prepare test scenarios.
- Test software modifications within predefined deadlines and provide input as to the program design ensuring that:
- they are error or bug free.
- they are consistent with the system standards and previous runs.
- they are easy to use and understand for customers.
- Document software modifications and submit to Quality Analysts for review ensuring that documentation is:
- accurate and grammatically correct.
- written in an organized and logical format.
- comprehensive and concise.
- consistent with documentation standards.
- easy to follow and understand.
- Provide documentation to applicable customers when necessary.
- Be able to assess the urgency of issues brought from other groups in order to prioritize and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain and provide input for the Quality Assurance Handbook.
- Assist in the organization and execution of the annual Users Group Conference and other duties as assigned.
Necessary Skills for Optimal Job Performance:
- Expert organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent customer service.
- Experience in customer relations, support, software testing, documenting, accounting or industry specific experience preferred.
- Ability to learn TIMS software.
- Problem solving, logical and intuitive thinking.
- Organization, attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Self-motivated, personal accountability, and high-quality standards.
Interested? Email your resumé, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not currently residing in the Billings, MT area, be sure to include a timeline of any plans to relocate. A full job description will be provided as part of the interview process.
Last update July 20, 2023