The function of this role is to test and document software modifications, to keep customer's systems current with the most recent version of special programs and bug fixes, and to keep special customer documentation and internal documentation current. The objective is to provide quality, error-free software and detailed documentation.
Computers Unlimited creates innovative software for 3 distinct markets: Industrial Gas & Welding Supply Distributors, Home & Durable Medical Equipment (HME|DME) Providers, and Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (SLP) Practices.
So, why would you join the team responsible for supporting the users of TIMS Software?
You want to grow your skills and also thrive. When you are thriving, we know that will resonate through the support you provide to our customers. They in turn will provide excellent service to their customers.
You want to be supported in a family-oriented atmosphere. In the company's 40 years, we've learned a thing or two about how to treat people. And that's really step #1: treat people like people. We want to help you align your personal goals with the company's goals so we all win in the end.
You want to be heard. You are a unique individual with ideas, vision and enthusiasm. We will consider ourselves honored to hear what you have to say from Day 1 to Day 12,775 and beyond. (Did you do the math? That's 35 years and, yes, that's how long a few of our employees have worked here.)
You have a passion for the future. Just look at what technology has accomplished in the past few years. What will this company achieve with you on board reaching goals, thriving and sharing your passion? We don't know for sure, but we're excited to find out.
- Education—Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science, or the equivalent in business or software related work experience.
- Experience with business software, business accounting practices, customer relations, software testing, or documenting preferred. Automated testing and programming experience a plus. Ability to write, read, and use Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) a plus.
- Understand and keep current with TIMS Software and internal systems.
- Review software requirements and prepare test scenarios.
- Test software modifications within predefined deadlines and provide input as to the program design ensuring that:
- they are error or bug free.
- they are consistent with the system standards and previous runs.
- they are easy to use and understand for customers.
- Document software modifications and submit to Quality Analysts for review ensuring that documentation is:
- accurate and grammatically correct.
- written in an organized and logical format.
- comprehensive and concise.
- consistent with documentation standards.
- easy to follow and understand.
- Provide documentation to applicable customers when necessary.
- Be able to assess the urgency of issues brought from other groups in order to prioritize and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain and provide input for the Quality Assurance Handbook.
- Assist in the organization and execution of the annual Users Group Conference.
Necessary Skills for Optimal Job Performance:
- Ability to prioritize and organize projects so deadlines are met, work is completed within budget, and work time is productive.
- Ability to understand and approach testing projects in a logical and systematic manner so testing is detailed, thorough and accurate.
- Working knowledge of general PC applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Cooperate with co-workers and management in a professional manner.
Interested? Email your résumé, cover letter and reference documents to email@example.com A full job description will be provided as part of the interview process.
Last update June 24th, 2021.