A successful candidate for this role will have at least 3 years of experience designing a modern User Experience and/or developing user interfaces. The User Interface is a desktop application using WPF and/or WinUI3.
A solid user experience is key to the success of new applications that are being developed at Computers Unlimited. In addition to designing applications through sketching or high-fidelity compositions, styling the user interface will be required.
Computers Unlimited creates innovative software, named TIMS Software, for 3 distinct markets: Industrial Gas & Welding Supply Distributors, Home & Durable (HME|DME) Medical Equipment Providers, and Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (SLP) Practices. Computers Unlimited is headquartered in downtown Billings, MT. Candidates may work remotely or work from our main offices on Montana Avenue.
So, why would you join the team responsible for supporting the users of TIMS Software?
You want to grow your skills and also thrive. When you are thriving, we know that will resonate through the support you provide to our customers. They in turn will provide excellent service to their customers.
You want to be supported in a family-oriented atmosphere. In the company's 40 years, we've learned a thing or two about how to treat people. And that's really step #1: treat people like people. We want to help you align your personal goals with the company's goals so we all win in the end.
You want to be heard. You are a unique individual with ideas, vision and enthusiasm. We will consider ourselves honored to hear what you have to say from Day 1 to Day 12,775 and beyond. (Did you do the math? That's 35 years and, yes, that's how long a few of our employees have worked here.)
You have a passion for the future. Just look at what technology has accomplished in the past few years. What will this company achieve with you on board reaching goals, thriving and sharing your passion? We don't know for sure, but we're excited to find out.
- Education—Bachelor's degree.
- Experience—At least 3 years in professional user interface development and experience with any or all the following:
- Experience with UI design tools (Balsamiq, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)
- C# .NET experience is a plus
- Understanding of Design patterns (MVVM a plus)
- Relational Database experience is a plus
- Style well-engineered user interfaces using WPF or WinUi3
- Integration between Server and UI Client code
- Understand our company’s and our customer’s goals, strategies and constraints to enhance the software.
- Meet deadlines and complete scheduled work within budget and allotted time.
If you have a passion for software development and a combination of the skills we are seeking, please submit your résumé, a cover letter and reference documents to Jobs@CU.net. Your submission will be shared with our leadership team and matched with a current need in one of our development teams.
*A full job description will be made available upon request.
Last updated: November 1, 2022