Meeting the challenges of today's hearing care marketplace isn't easy. While making efforts to attract new patients is important to your practice, growth through reaching out to your current patients is simple and achievable.
You already have patients you've developed a level of trust with and who may have already purchased from you. These patients are far more likely to open your direct mail pieces, emails, answer phone calls from your office, schedule appointments and gladly refer you to others. All of this presents a cost-effective marketing opportunity and all you have to do to take advantage of it is craft a marketing plan and execute it.
Marketing to TNS (tested not sold) and re-sell patients is the life blood of your success. TIMS makes it possible to identify these opportunities.
3 Key Components to Successful Patient Marketing Campaigns
1. The basic 5 stages in the hearing aid sales cycle.
- 2-ears aidable (no audiogram, no hearing aids)
- Tested not sold (tested, shown to have aidable hearing loss, no purchase yet)
- No opportunity (tested with no aidable loss)
- Current user (wears hearing aids within your resale threshold)
- Re-sell (wears aids that are older than your resale threshold)
Take a look at your TNS and re-sell opportunities, along with your patients that have already contributed to your success. Keep them informed about new products, invite them in for regular check-ups, and ask them for referrals.
2. Develop a marketing strategy to reach out to patients at each stage of the sales cycle.
- Connect with new referrals to establish strong relationships.
- Keep in touch with TNS patients.
- Remember your current users and routinely thank them for their trust and business.
- Reach out to your re-sell patients with specific, relevant information.
3. Archive marketing pieces and track responses.
- Ensure sent marketing pieces can be easily retrieved.
- Track your marketing sources that create appointments.
- Determine return on investment (ROI) for marketing campaigns so you can refer back to the one's that work and re-evaluate what isn't working.
Schedule a demo of TIMS today. See for yourself how the right practice management system comes equipped with the right marketing tools built inside like imaging, archiving capabilities, marketing, and much more.
Last updated March, 23, 2021.